홈 > 출판유통진흥원 소개 > English Info
Thank you for visiting Book Trade Promotion Center Homepage.
Since its foundation in April 2003, Book Trade Promotion Center, composed of governmental institutes, publication and distribution-related organizations and private corporations, has been contributing to the development of Korean publication industry through public business such as standard research of publication distribution for its modernization, development and construction of bibliography, distribution and DB, information exchange and education.
Furthermore, it has been doing its best to rendera great service to reinforce national competitiveness of knowledge-based society.
As you know it very well, publication distribution industry is suffering from poor conditions, compared to other business, because of its long-term bad distribution structure and scanty business character.
To improve this, Book Trade Promotion Center is positively driving forward the modernization business of publication distribution with the aid of government and other publishers, and is establishing middle and long-term information plan in order to develop and distribute forward-looking continuous research and information system.
Book Trade Promotion Center will do its best to contribute to standardized publication information sharing of publication industry and information-orientated publication distribution, to render a service to the innovation of supplying chain management of publications and to bring out the development of publication industry through understanding readers' tastes as well as the planned production of publications through the statistics of production and sales.
We kindly ask you to show a lot of interest and affection to help Book Trade Promotion Center lead the development of publication distribution in knowledge and information-orientated times. We give our best regards to you all.
1) Modernization Business Of Publication Distribution
01. Business Background and Goal
Traditionally, publication industry is a fundamental and core business of knowledge-based industry.
Responding properly to IT-orientated society and industry, therefore, will play a main role to consolidate national competitiveness in globalized competitive markets as well as to achieve one of national subjects, "expansion of knowledge base".
- Response to the increase of customers' demands of publication and culture contents both in quantity and quality
- Response to the demand of a base system to support competitiveness reinforcement through responding to fast-changing economical and industrial environment/ Establishment of developed distribution system and competitiveness reinforcement through the creation of electric commercial trade system environment that responds to the characteristics of publication distribution such as multiple kinds, small quantity and high frequency.
- Effective policy for entire business area according to highly increasing publication and multiple changes of channels for distribution In order to meet the aforementioned requirements, we have constructed "knowledge management system in national dimension"that combines entire publication companies into a network based on publication contents and trade information.
- The construction business of publication distribution information system for the modernization of publication distribution will be conducted with the following objects under the vision of being a core of knowledge and information-oriented society.
- Establishment of publication industry as knowledge-based industry through the construction of publication distribution information-oriented system as a major infra for the development of publication industry and knowledge, and information-oriented society.
- Establishment of developed distribution system and competitiveness reinforcement through the creation of electric commercial trade system environment that responds to the characteristics of publication distribution such as multiple kinds, small quantity and high frequency.
02. Business Detail
- Standardization Task
It is to the create standards of distributed book information, which can be used in common during the book distribution process by publishers, bookstores and distribution companies.
- Standardization of DB of distributed books
- Standardization of distribution information
(trade code, book trade format, book trade operation procedure etc.)
- Standardization of publication-related business information: publishers, bookstores and distribution companies etc.
- Standardization of book distribution information such as sales amount and inventory amount etc.
- DB development of distributed books and book information management system development It is to develop searching and management systemas well as to construct book DB, necessary for the distribution that follows the DB standards created by standardization task.
- Development of DB of distributed books
- Development of book information management system
- Development of methods of collect information
- Use of DB of The National Library of Korea and big bookstores or connected use of CIP
(cataloging in publication) of The National Library of Korea
- Development of DB of distribution information
It is to develop a database of standardized client code and distribution situation (sales amount, inventory amount etc.) necessary for book distribution.
- DB development of client information (publishers, bookstores and distribution companies etc.)
- Database development of distribution information (sales amount, inventory amount etc.)
- Development of distribution information searching system
- DB development of distribution information
It is to develop standardized electric commercial trade system for book trade.
Book Trade System
It is to develop book trade system based on EDI, which can perform a fast and easy book order.
Publication Information Management System
Performance of various services through the construction of publication industry-related information in Korea
Publication Information Management System
Management information system development of management information system publishers, distribution companies and bookstores (offering service to the members not owning system)
-Website Construction and General Portal System Development Development of portal system that offers publication distribution information to be used to search and make use of constructed database.
- Homepage development of Book Trade Promotion Center
- Publication information service offer for searching and inquiring various publication information
- Member company service for publication-related member company PR
2) Construction Business Of Physical Distribution System Of Publication By The Application Of RFID
01. Business Background and Goals
In spite of joining among 10 worldwide publication powers in quantity, Korea still is lack of the modernization regarding to supply network management in publication distribution section.
Therefore, the goal of this business is to increase the efficiency of national publication industry by applying RFID system, which is the latest wireless recognition technology in order to construct operation efficiency as well as information sharing of physical distribution about publications at every physical distribution point among publication distribution steps.
Especially, this business makes the task of each physical distribution unit effective from publishers to bookstores by constructing real-time sharing system about publication distribution information between each physical distribution unit company or organization and by applying EPC network platform, which is recently being settled down as an international standard together with RFID system.
In publishers' aspects, they can inquire real-time publication amount of corresponding books and make use of it as base material for establishing a publication plan as well as decreasing over-publication through the effectiveforecast of publication amount.
Furthermore, distribution companies and bookstores can establish developed publication distribution system through accurate inventory management, detail management of returned books and effective process of arrival and delivery.
02. Business Detail
-Establishment Of Standardized Policy For The Application Of Publication Distribution Industry RFID It is to perform the standardization of EPC (Electronic Product Code), a unique identification system of publications, which isbeing proceeded as an international standard, for the effective application of RFID system. In order to do so, "standardization operation committee", which consists of publication distribution industry experts, is organized and establishes standardization policy of RFID application suitable for Korean publication distribution conditions.
-Establishment Of Publication Distribution Management System Based On RFID And Proof Test It is to construct the most suitable RFID system according to each physical distribution point (publishers, distribution companies, bookstores and libraries etc.) during publication distribution process, to establish "Publication Distribution Management System Based on RFID", an applied system to track and manage publications as well as to perform related operation such as arrival, delivery and inventory management etc., and to prove the efficiency of RFID system application by performing proof test in actual physical distribution sites.
-Research Of Development Scheme For RFID System of Physical Distribution of Publication It is to perform research of introduction and development scheme of RFID for physical distribution of Korean publication industry and to establish middle and long-term plan through standard trends analysis as well as current situation analysis of RFID system introduction to related-business nationally and internationally.